Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Greener Pastures

CALEB REQUESTS HIS LAND

A delegation from the tribe of Judah, led by Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite, came to Joshua at Gilgal. Caleb said to Joshua, “Remember what the  lord  said to Moses, the man of God, about you and me when we were at Kadesh-barnea.  I was forty years old when Moses, the servant of the  lord , sent me from Kadesh-barnea to explore the land of Canaan. I returned and gave an honest report,  but my brothers who went with me frightened the people from entering the Promised Land. For my part, I wholeheartedly followed the  lord  my God.  So that day Moses solemnly promised me, ‘The land of Canaan on which you were just walking will be your grant of land and that of your descendants forever, because you wholeheartedly followed the  lord  my God.’ “Now, as you can see, the  lord  has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise—even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old.  I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then.  So give me the hill country that the  lord  promised me. You will remember that as scouts we found the descendants of Anak living there in great, walled towns. But if the  lord  is with me, I will drive them out of the land, just as the  lord  said.” So Joshua blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh and gave Hebron to him as his portion of land. (Joshua 14:6-13)

Caleb took the promise and he fought to claim it. He remembered the promise given to him by God and from then on he held on to that promise. After 45 years, he came back to Joshua claiming for his promise to be fulfilled.

He was the perfect example of faith and patience. He held on to his promise as faithful as he was in the beginning; when he saw that fulfillment of God's promise before hand. He went on to spy over God's promised land and returned with faith. He saw the land through faith, not through fear. And God blessed Him. 

After 45 years, the promise was given. But it was not given easily, Caleb fought for it. He held on, he had faith and he fought for the promise.

THE LORD GAVE CALEB HIS LAND  

The  lord  commanded Joshua to assign some of Judah’s territory to Caleb son of Jephunneh. So Caleb was given the town of Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron), which had been named after Anak’s ancestor.  Caleb drove out the three groups of Anakites—the descendants of Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai, the sons of Anak. From there he went to fight against the people living in the town of Debir (formerly called Kiriath-sepher). (Joshua 15:13-15)

The Lord gave him the land through victory. 
If he did not fought for the land, if he never had faith on God's promise, he would not have victory... He would not have claimed his land.

PROMISE

God's promises are fulfilled to those who have faith, to those who have no fear and are willing to fight for their promise.

COMMAND

  1. Have faith like Caleb. See every promise in FAITH. Never doubt.
  2. Do not fear. Do not let fear hinder you from claiming your promise. Be bold. Be courageous. Never be afraid.
  3. Be willing to fight. Fighting does not mean it has to be physical, it can be spiritual. Be in the battle when you pray. Be in the battle when you worship. 
  4. Fight to win. Be victorious. God will not give us a promise that He will not fulfill, if we fight for the promise, He will fight before us. 

This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. (2 Chronicles 20:15)


WARNING

If we do not fight for our promise, it will never be fulfilled.


APPLICATION

Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. The promise will come to those who are faithful and patient... To those who are willing to fight for it.



#FightForThePromise


0 comments:

Post a Comment